May 2, 2017 - Rogue Wave Software announces that Klocwork 2017.1 is available for download
. Downloads are for current Klocwork customers only. If you are not a customer and would like to evaluate the product, please request an evaluation here
. Klocwork 2017.1 includes the following features:
- Our new security report provides a security health check for your projects. Review items such as the trend of top three vulnerabilities, riskiest areas, and more!
- New Java checkers for CWE-311 and CWE-352
- Enhanced standards compliance with new MISRA 2012 checkers
- Improvements to the Visual Studio extension
- Extensive updates to our CERT taxonomy, with mappings to 50 new rules
- and many more updates...
The full product package installs this release correctly when the previous version of Klocwork is already installed. See the latest documentation to learn more.
ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 certifications
Klocwork 2016, 2016.1, and 2016.3 have received both ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 certifications. Both certifications are critical to the automotive industry in defining the functional safety for automotive equipment throughout the lifecycle of all electronic and electrical safety systems. Read more...
Support for Klocwork 10 ended on January 31, 2017
February 1, 2017 - As previously announced, support for all versions of Klocwork 10 ended on January 31, 2017. What does this mean?
- Organizations with active Klocwork 2016 or 2017 subscriptions or maintenance will have full access to Customer Support for all of their Klocwork questions and issues.
- Customers who have not completed migration to a supported release will be able to renew Klocwork 10 subscriptions and maintenance, but will not have access to Customer Support, except for license transfers as needed.
- Customers will be able to acquire incremental Klocwork 10 subscription licenses, but will not have access to Customer Support for those licenses, except for license transfers as needed.
- Customer Support will not address any new questions, feature requests, or issues for Klocwork 10 except for license transfer requests. No further patches or Service Releases for Klocwork 10 will be issued.
Upgrade to the latest version of Klocwork 2017. Contact email@example.com to request a Klocwork 2017 license to replace your current Klocwork 10 license. Your account manager can also connect you to our Professional Services team to assist in planning and executing your migration.
Klocwork Support office closure
The Klocwork Support office will be closed July 3, August 7, and September 4, 2017, for statutory holidays.
The idea behind this topic is a newer way of doing string formatting. If we want to say a simple print out like
"Error: Test case 'test_string_formatting' has failed", where
test_string_formatting is a value determined by a variable
test_case_name, we have a couple of options:
An example of how Klocwork 2016.2 improves the performance of our continuous static code analysis engine...