Akana API Management
The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Learn more about Akana API Management features here.
The Akana platform is the underlying infrastructure for the Akana family of products, which also includes:
Lifecycle Manager, an Akana product, is a metadata repository and SDLC management product that enables enterprises to effectively collaborate between business, developers, and IT operations, resulting in rapid development and deployment cycles while increasing reliability, stability, and availability of their APIs and supporting assets.
Lifecycle Manager provides an intelligent inventory of assets and includes their relationships to each other, to the technical infrastructure, and to the company's business architecture. Using Lifecycle Manager, organizations can accelerate reuse and SOA initiatives, as well as improve the governance over production and consumption of services and other reusable assets. Application developers, business analysts, and technical and business architects can search the repository for the company's SDAs, to identify those that best match business and technical requirements for application development and integration.
When integration between the developer portal and Lifecycle Manager is set up, the developer portal supports custom properties for certain resources in the developer portal (apps, APIs, and users).
For more information, see the Lifecycle Manager main documentation page.
Envision is an analytics platform that allows you to slice and dice your data to analyze every aspect of your business and digital strategy. It can help you collect data and identify patterns, trends, violations, baselines, or historical context. The domain of the data you wish to analyze is open-ended. For example, you might want to analyze:
- Information relating to your API operations, such as usage patterns or SLA violations
- Business-specific information such as sales trends or the effectiveness of different sales channels.
For more information, see the Envision main documentation page.
What's new in Akana Platform 8.4Akana 8.4 assures complete visibility and management of the API process – from development to production.
- Build and manage well-crafted enterprise-class APIs with a complete view of the process.
- Drive an efficient process that ensure only the right things get to production.
- Complete an audited, thorough release process.
- Implement controls throughout operations for robust API security and centralized management.
CodeDynamics, the leading dynamic analysis and debugging tool for complex commercial application by Rogue Wave, has been updated to version 2018.0, and includes the following features:
Python debugging support for ctypes
Python debugging now supports filtering of ctypes "glue" frames that tie together function calls between Python and C/C++. This allows developers to see a clean stack trace between the two languages as they would expect, without the unnecessary noise of the layers required to shepherd data and make the calls between the languages.
Managing action points from a new Source view context menu
The Source view now supports the ability to enable, disable, delete, and view properties of action points through a context menu accessed by right-clicking on the action point line number. This supports more streamlined debugging sessions.
Easier tooltip viewing
CodeDynamics has improved how it displays very long strings within tooltips.
Bug fixes and improvements
Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements have been made.
Elixir is a set of components that extends the Adobe Flex component set and can be deployed in Web-based (Flex) applications or in Adobe Integrated Runtime desktop-based applications. Elixir helps you build better Rich Internet Application (RIA) and Rich Desktop Application (RDA) graphical user interfaces (GUIs) faster.
Elixir provides Flex user interface developers with an extensive collection of diverse interactive visual components that help end users to understand information more easily, react faster, and make better decisions. Each component is designed to improve developer productivity and provide access to innovative visualization technology, including 2D and 3D pivot charts, time lines, tree maps, heat maps, map-based dashboards, calendars, organization charts, and gauges and indicators.
Elixir Enterprise 2016
Describing and visualizing organizations of any kind is challenging, especially when going beyond strict hierarchies into matrixed entities or 3-D views. That's where Elixir Enterprise 2016 can help. This release offers fully extensible, advanced, and interactive org chart capabilities to take your visualization and modelling to the next level, including:
- Support for multiple managers, multi-dimensional matrix, and other representations
- New views supporting local and global perspectives
- Dynamic declaration of entity fields (such as adding "Salary" tags for an employee description)
- Support for Apache Flex 4.15 added
HostAccess® offers a suite of terminal emulation products that provide Windows™ users with secure access to legacy, host-based applications. HostAccess also has the ability to enhance the interface of existing applications with toolbars, mouse support, push buttons, combo boxes, check boxes, radio buttons, ActiveX™ controls, COM objects, and includes the powerful AutoGUI feature.
The benefits of using HostAccess for terminal emulation include increased user productivity by providing the ability to perform multiple tasks, standardization on one terminal emulation solution, and point-and-click report production and host data integration with Windows™ applications.
Technical functionality includes:
- Support of over 30 different terminal emulations, including IBM 3270, DEC VT series, Wyse 50/60, SCO ANSI, Data General DG216, MDIS Prism 8/9
- Support for SSH & SSL secure network protocols
- Graphical keyboard mapping
- Full GUI capabilities
- Fully-integrated macro language
HydraExpress helps you respond to rapidly evolving customer needs and market changes by providing a development and hosting framework for high-performance C++ web services. Using the power of advanced XML, SOAP, and WSDL services, HydraExpress drives new C++ application development and transforms existing C++ applications for use in service oriented architectures (SOA).
HydraExpress enables you to create SOA applications that are flexible and interoperable, leveraging the crucial business logic locked within existing applications and adding the flexibility and maintainability you need to keep up with changing requirements.
Updated Platform Support
Added support for numerous updates to major supported operating systems and compilers.
-minimizeincludes code generator option to eliminate unnecessary include directives from generated header files. This option can be used to avoid circular header dependencies.
IMSL Numerical Libraries
IMSL is a suite of cross platform numerical libraries available in Fortran, C, Java, .NET and Python. IMSL Libraries are a comprehensive collection of mathematical, statistical, financial, data mining and machine learning functions developers can embed into their sophisticated numerical analysis applications.
Create competitive differentiation and unlock innovation by using the most trusted, tested, and reliable algorithms available. Backed by a team of mathematicians and statisticians, IMSL Numerical Libraries allow you to address complex problems quickly with a variety of readily-available algorithms. With IMSL, you get consistency from prototype to production.
|Rogue Wave IMSL Numerical Libraries Products|
|IMSL Fortran||Integrates the IMSL F90 library and parallel processing features with the IMSL Fortran 77 mathematics and statistics library in a cohesive package.|
|IMSL C||Written for C and C/C++programmers and based on the world's most widely used IMSL Fortran subroutines, taking full advantage of the language features of C.|
|JMSL||JMSL is a collection of mathematical, statistical, financial, data mining, machine learning, and charting classes, written in 100% Java.|
|IMSL C# for .NET||IMSL C# is a collection of mathematical, statistical, financial, and 2D charting classes, written in 100% C#.|
IMSL C 2016
- Notice to customers using Oracle Solaris platforms: IMSL C 2016 will be the last planned version to support Oracle Solaris platforms. Please contact your Rogue Wave account representative or Rogue Wave support with any questions concerning this announcement
- Notice to customers using the IMSL C CUBLAS_LIBRARY module: IMSL C 2016 will be the last planned version to support the NVIDIA CUDA CUBLAS Library. Please contact your Rogue Wave account representative or Rogue Wave support with any questions concerning this announcement.
- CUDA Toolkit Libraries support upgraded to 8.0
- IMSL is transitioning toward online only documentation. Currently documentation is available with the installation of the product and online. In future releases documentation will be available online.
- IMSL has transitioned to the use of a Change Log documenting the running list of all changes that have occurred to the product over the course of multiple releases, rather than distributing a new file containing notes that are specific to the particular release.
IMSL C Numerical Libraries 2016.1
IMSL is known for broad coverage functions, offering multiple methods in one API. We have added a divide-and-conquer method to our SVD function and a new ARIMA function for fitting seasonal or non-seasonal time series.
What's New in 2016.1
- ARIMA - Fits an autoregressive integrated moving average model with optional seasonal ARIMA parameters and user defined regression variables. Seasonality in a time series occurs throughout real-world applications, e.g. increases in sales before holidays, automobile sales from season to season, and seasonal weather conditions. ARIMA provides the ability to model this behavior, and predict critical future trends.
- LIN_SVD_GEN - Performance improvements which include the addition of a divide-and-conquer SVD implementation.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2017
- Added 32-bit Windows and Linux support
- Added support for Windows 7 and Solaris 11.3
What's New in 7.3
New machine learning algorithms
- Support Vector Machines: A new package supporting the ∨-SVR and ∊-SVR formulations for regression, the ∁-SVC and ∊-SVC formulations for classification, and the one-class formulation for goodness-of-fit. The package provides an extendable kernel class for optimization and calculation of predictions, and includes specific kernel instances: Linear, Polynomial, RadialBasis, and Sigmoid kernels.
- RandomTrees: A new class performs the random forest ensemble method for decision trees.
- Added methods to get out-of-bag predictions in BootstrapAggregation
- Added methods to estimate class probabilities and specify maximum iterations to the PredictiveModel
- Added K-Means++ algorithm to ClusterKMeans
- Added methods to improve scalability of Apriori
New statistical classes
- PooledCovariances: Computes the pooled variance-covariance matrix from one or more sets of observations
- RandomSamples: Generates random samples from a finite population or a specified subset of observations
- New extensions of the probability distribution class for maximum likelihood estimation: Continuous uniform and exponential
JRebel is a JVM plugin which fast tracks the development of Java applications by skipping the time consuming build and redeploy steps. JRebel makes developers more productive since they can view code changes in real time, while preserving application state. JRebel integrates with 100+ leading frameworks, as well as application servers, IDEs and build environments.
Contact JRebel technical support
Rogue Wave JViews provides Java developers with an extensive collection of advanced and interactive components to build high-performance graphical displays for desktop and web applications. The JViews product suite provides pre-built components for charts, diagrams, and maps. The extendible toolset provides an IDE to rapidly develop complex UI's reducing development time by 50-80 percent.
JViews meets todays demands to help users visualize and assimilate large amounts of data and in real-time. Representing data graphically in charts, diagrams, and maps helps users understand complex information and respond to rapidly changing events.
JViews is delivered using the following packaging:
|Rogue Wave JViews Packages|
|JViews Enterprise||A complete set of visualization tools and components.|
Includes JViews Charts, Gantt, Diagrammer, and Maps
|JViews Charts||Combines a rapid application development tool for quickly configuring a chart display with a comprehensive Software Development Kit for customization.|
|JViews Diagrammer||A comprehensive set of design tools, components and libraries for creating graphical editing, visualization, supervision, and monitoring applications. It allows you to easily create diagrams, to show the relationships between entities, as well as dashboards, and to monitor business or industrial systems.|
|JViews Maps||Development libraries and tools that handle both the map background and the symbology to place on top of it. These symbols are graphic objects that represent the assets and entities you need to visualize at their given locations.|
Includes JViews Diagrammer
|JViews Telecom Graphic Objects||A suite of graphic components that includes all the views and business models required for building standard, effective and intuitive user interfaces dedicated to Service, Network, and Equipment management systems used by Communication Service Providers.|
Includes JViews Diagrammer and Maps
|JViews Maps for Defense||Assists defense operations to get battlefield environment and conditions awareness, both for mission planning and execution, with a comprehensive set of development tools and components for better visualization.|
Includes JViews Diagrammer and Maps
What's New in JViews 2017
On occasion we find improvements are necessary for our customers business-critical applications, requiring alterations to our product which break backward compatibility. JViews 2017 is such a release.
When migrating to JViews 2017, plan for additional time for migration. Our support team is always available to answer questions and assist with your migration.
Most computations are now calculated in double precision in place of floating point precision to provide better accuracy. This was critical to our maps customers who needed objects drawn at precise locations.
A result of changing computations from single to double precision floating point, many JViews signatures have changed. To assist in migrating to JViews 2017, a migration tool has been provided to evaluate your code and determine which methods/constructors require modification. The JViews Release Notes provides migration guidelines and instructions to download the Migration tool.
JViews 2017 supports Java 7 and 8. Please note JViews 2017 will be the last major release to support Java 7.
Klocwork 2018February 14, 2018 - Rogue Wave Software announces that Klocwork 2018 is available for download. Downloads are for current Klocwork customers only. If you are not a customer and would like to evaluate the product, please request an evaluation here. Klocwork 2018 includes the following features:
- New analysis engine with support for latest C++ 17 language features
- Cross-version support for builds
- Improvements to the Clang, Microsoft Visual C++, and Wind River GCC compilers.
- and many more updates...
The full product package installs this release correctly when the previous version of Klocwork is already installed. See the latest documentation to learn more.
Open Source Support
With Rogue Wave Open Source Support, you get much more than fast bug fixes, you get around-the-clock access to Tier 3/4 open source architects ready to support, consult, and educate your team to solve issues across your entire software stack and development lifecycle. Our vendor-neutral, unbiased support covers the top open source software packages used in mission-critical production environments and includes:
- Guaranteed service level agreements (SLAs) with all support contracts
- 12x5 Silver Support or 24x7 Gold Support with around-the-clock coverage
- Access to Tier 3/4 open source architects and a dedicated CentOS development team
- The confidence to troubleshoot production issues, optimize performance, and complete system upgrades
- The experience to assess projects, perform architecture and security reviews, hold on-site classroom training, and create technical white papers
- Available support for CentOS Linux with a dedicated development team providing patches and hotfixes hosted on our own CentOS repository
Meet your data analysis requirements efficiently and accurately with PV-WAVE®. Software developers rapidly import, manipulate, analyze, and visualize data using PV-WAVE solutions. PV-WAVE is an array oriented fourth-generation programming language used to build and deploy VDA applications.
PV-WAVE 2017.0PV-WAVE 2017.0 offers updated features and platform support
- With the ongoing addition of a full range of Windows Gesture support, companies can more easily take PV-WAVE applications on the go with them. This can be of particular benefit to field engineers, allowing them to enter, interact, and analyze data using tablet based PV-WAVE applications.
- Users get a vastly improved 3D rendering engine with the addition of VTK7 support on both Windows and Linux (32 and 64-bit) platforms. The new VTK7 rendering engine uses less system memory and increases performance.
- PV-WAVE is a tried and true leader in the data visualization space, and the active release cycle, feature additions, and defect correction work is a testament to the ongoing research and development investment in the product. We're also adding support for the latest versions of the most widely used compilers and operating systems, so our customers can keep up with the latest most feature rich and secure platforms on the market.
- A new SSL_connect OPI based on OpenSSL for secure data exchange over HTTP/HTTPS
We continue to help developers overcome the common challenges when working to analyze complex and/or extremely large datasets.
For those customers with a current maintenance and support agreement, request an upgrade today.
SourcePro is a robust collection of proven cross-platform C++ tools that help reduce time-to-market, increase reliability, and extend the life of your applications. With SourcePro, you write your code once, and deploy on any platform. This infrastructure layer for C++ insulates developers from the specifics of the underlying platform and provides low-level access. Developers choose the level of abstraction they require.
Create secure, portable, high-performance applications with SourcePro. Conforming to the latest security standards, including CWE, CERT, OWASP, DISA STIG, and MISRA, SourcePro is also validated with Rogue Wave Klocwork static code analysis.
NewsSourcePro 2016 is now available, including the following new features and enhancements:
Updated Platform Support
Added support for numerous updates to major supported operating systems and compilers
Added support for SQL CROSS JOIN expressions
SourcePro Net - Secure Protocols Module
RWSecureSocketContext constructor was added to allow fine-grained control over the allowed TLS protocol versions. The
RWSecureSocketMethod and associated
RWSecureSocketContext constructors have been deprecated and should not be used in new applications
For those customers with a current maintenance and support agreement, request an upgrade today!
Quickly build professional Windows GUIsDevelop complex GUI applications that are easy to build, maintain, and evolve as new technologies improve the look and feel of user interfaces. Controls in Stingray® include many common items found in GUI applications: combo boxes, tool bars, frames, menus, tree controls, and much more. In addition to these basic controls, Stingray has embeddable components that provide a starting point for your application, similar to popular Microsoft applications such as Excel®, Visio®, Chart®, Visual Studio®, and Access®. Easily extend and customize these base components to meet your development needs.
With version 12.2 of Stingray, we’re pleased to announce support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and .NET Framework 4.7. You can download the latest version by filling out a request here.
New features and platform support added
- Added support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
- Certified on the latest versions of Microsoft Windows 10 and .NET Framework version 4.7
- Bug fixes and improvements for Objective Grid and Objective Grid for .NET
TotalView updated to version 2018.0TotalView, the industry leading HPC debugger by Rogue Wave, has been updated to version 2018.0, and includes the following features:
License server support for Linux PowerLE and Linux ARM64
On Linux PowerLE and Linux ARM64 platforms, TotalView requires the use of FlexNet Embedded license technology. With 2018.0, license server support has been added, enabling the sharing of team-based tokens across multiple systems of the same architecture. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to convert your existing single node FlexNet Embedded style license to a license server version.
TotalView’s new UI continues to add new or updated features. To try out the new user interface, start TotalView with the -newUI switch: totalview -newUI
For more details on the new UI, see the in-product help through the Help | Contents menu item. New features added to the NextGen user interface in this release include:
- Python debugging support for ctypes: Python debugging in NextGen now supports filtering of ctypes "glue" frames that tie together function calls between Python and C/C++. This allows developers to see a clean stack trace between the two languages as they would expect, without the unnecessary noise of the layers required to shepherd data and make the calls between the languages.
- Launching parallel sessions: Launch your parallel job easily through NextGen’s user interface using the new Parallel Session dialog. Simply click on Debug a Parallel Program from the Start Page or from the top-level File menu and select the Parallel System, specify the Program Details, and then launch.
- Managing action points from a new Source view context menu: The Source view now supports the ability to enable, disable, delete, and view properties of action points through a context menu accessed by right-clicking on the action point line number. This supports more streamlined debugging sessions.
- Easier tooltip viewing: TotalView has improved how it displays very long strings within tooltips.
- Bug fixes and improvements: Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements have been made to the new UI.
Currently, the next generation UI is supported on Linux x86 64-bit, Linux PowerLE, Linux ARM64, and Apple Mac OS X platforms. It supports multi-process and multi-threaded debugging as well as a level of parallel, MPI, and CUDA debugging. Functionality not yet present in the UI is available through the command line interface (CLI).
Views C++, Server and DB Link
Views C++ Component Suite
Rogue Wave Views is a cross platform C++ library that brings the power of high performance 2D graphics and the convenience of GUI builders into one array of easy-to-learn products. Views dramatically reduces user interface development time and risk through dedicated components and tools.
- Large collection of portable GUI components, such as menus, buttons, text fields, toolbars, tables, and trees
- High-performance 2D vector graphics, to create highly custom applications
- A powerful GUI builder, reducing interface development time
- Support of diagrams, dashboards, schematics, and customizable business objects
- Shorter development time and reduced maintenance costs, through ready-to-use cross-platform GUI components
|Rogue Wave Views Component Suite Optional Products|
|Views Charts||This powerful data visualization product provides polar and Cartesian charts, fixed or multi-directional scrolling charts, with selectable orientation and a high-level of customization. Compatible with any Views Component Suite product.|
|Views Maps||Mapping package for applications requiring cartographic backgrounds. It provides advanced mapping features such as projection systems and load-on-demand.|
|Views Data Access||Create data aware controls by adding connectivity to data. An extension of the Rogue Wave Views Studio editor allows you to graphically build SQL statements and to bind GUI objects to the results.|
|Views Graph Layout||Adds layout capabilities for displaying hierarchical networks of nodes and links.|
Rogue Wave Server is a large-scale object engine combining business objects with real-time business event notification to implement multi-tier client/server applications.
Server provides a highly scalable modeling framework. Represent the elements and topology of a supervised system as shared in-memory services with Rogue Wave Server. Modeling abstractions match those offered by object-oriented design notation like UML, and Server bridges the gap between business model design and implementation. Because objects stored in the Server-based mediation server are active, all business events, such as object modifications and structural changes, are registered and buffered for forwarding to subscribing clients.
- Synchronize hundreds of GUIs
- High-performance notification engine
- Rapid prototyping
- Web-enabled supervision
Rogue Wave DB Link is a simple yet powerful interface to one or more relational databases. Its API (Application Programming Interface) is independent of both the platform and the database.
Announcing Views 6.2, Server 6.2, and DB Link 6.2
We are committed to continually improving the Visualization C++ suite of products. This release of Views C++ and Server 6.2 is focused on customer reported bug fixes.
Views C++ 6.2
- Active X registration: The Windows installer now registers the delivered ActiveX during installation.
- New method:
IlString::matches()added to perform a simple match of string and a given pattern.
- Pointer event compression: Four new methods have been added to
IlvAbstractView. These methods allow applications to filter pointer motion events on Unix platforms to improve performance.
- Xft fonts are now available in
- Windows Server 2012 is now supported
- Additional updates in Studio and Gantt
- Improvements to ensure Server applications are more robust against intrusions and bug fixes to prevent client connection failures and server application errors.
- Windows Server 2012 is now supported
- Additional updates and bug fixes
DB Link 6.2
- Windows Server 2012 is now supported
Find performance regressions in test - XRebel Hub shifts performance management to the left so that you can find performance regressions before they reach your customers.
Fix performance bugs in development - XRebel Local provides real time feedback on application performance in local development so bugs can be debugged and resolved faster.
Contact XRebel technical support
With Zend Server, development and operation teams are equipped with the software infrastructure, tools, and best practices for productive collaboration and continuous delivery of their mobile and web apps with exceptional performance, reliability, and security. Supporting the explosive performance of PHP 7 with innovative tools to rapidly isolate production issues, Zend Server is a proven platform to help organizations deploy faster, reduce downtime, and operate at internet scale.
What's New in Zend Server 9.1
- Introduces PHP 7.1
- Full support for IBM i
- Optimize, analyze, and fine-tune asynchronous and scheduled Jobs processing using the new Job Queue Pulse
- Mask personally identifiable information while retaining the ability to reproduce production issues while staying compliant with industry privacy standards
- Improve end-user experience with 100 percent uptime during deployment, without any web server restarts
- On IBM i, Zend DBI has been updated to MariaDB 10.2
- Extend the administration user interface with custom screens to fit your business needs with a new extensibility API
With 3X faster performance, Zend Studio allows you to code faster, debug more easily, and take advantage of the massive performance gains in PHP 7. This is the next-generation PHP IDE designed to create high-quality PHP apps while boosting developers’ productivity. It automatically scales according to the DPI settings of the underlying operating system, and supports HiDPi displays.
What's New in Zend Studio 13.6